We are pleased to announce our partnership with The Cloud Industry Forum (CIF) and give you an opportunity to get involved right from the start.
We are developing a range of end user-focused initiatives, including events, research, how-to guides, e-learning courses, and structured guidance workshops for Cloud adoption. These initiatives are designed to help organisations refine and develop their Cloud migration strategies. To learn more please contact CIF@bloor.eu
The partnership centres on CIF’s recently-launched Individual Membership Programme, which aims to not only provide industry professionals with on-going resources pertinent to Cloud computing, but will also provide a market-recognised and vendor-independent accreditation programme. We are jointly developing e-learning modules and a masterclass program to underpin this. The resources and accreditation are founded on our 21 step Cloud Adoption Roadmap to help organisations de-risk Cloud adoption projects through structured, best practice guidance. Both organisations will promote these propositions to their community of subscribers.
Our first event will be launched shortly and takes place in London on the 1st March 2016. For more information and to register your interest click here.
CIF Individual Membership
As part of our partnership we are pleased to offer you a substantial discount on the CIF Individual membership. This has been developed to help all professionals involved in the assessment, selection, adoption, integration and management of cloud technologies to access relevant, current and independent advice, guidance and expertise on cloud services and technologies. The aim is to help individuals make informed decisions, be more effective in their jobs and enhance their careers. For more information click here.
ABOUT UK CLOUD INDUSTRY FORUM
The Cloud Industry Forum was established in 2009 to provide transparency through certification to a Code of Practice for credible online Cloud service providers and to assist end users in determining core information necessary to enable them to adopt these services.
The Cloud Industry Forum (CIF), is a not for profit company limited by guarantee, and is an industry body that champions and advocates the adoption and use of Cloud-based services by businesses and individuals.
CIF aims to educate, inform and represent Cloud Service Users, Cloud Service Providers, Cloud Infrastructure Providers, Cloud Resellers, Cloud System Integrators and international Cloud Standards organisations.
We use our resources to:
- Support a credible Code of Practice for cloud service providers to demonstrate transparency and best practice.
- Commission research and analysis on market trends and services and make this available to our members
- Develop a well recognised accreditation programme for IT and commercial professionals
- Provide an extensive learning and training platform for individuals looking to become accredited or looking to improve their knowledge of all things cloud.
- Proactively engage with governments and other relevant bodies to promote industry standards and best practice adoption of cloud services and technologies.
- Provide topical events, inclusive member activities and special interest groups, etc, to encourage an active member community
Our ambition is to bring business consumers and suppliers of Cloud Services closer together in a trusted and sustainable marketplace.
- To sustain a credible and certifiable Code of Practice for the Cloud Industry.
- To continually encourage the widespread adoption of the Code of Practice by industry players.
- To champion the widespread adoption and use of Cloud services by providing expertise and knowledge through our membership and accreditation programmes
- To Champion the adoption of cloud services based upon the trust and assurance that can be achieved through the Code of Practice
- To leverage the Code of Practice through international affiliations and partnerships.
- To support other appropriate Cloud-based initiatives that complement the purpose of the Code of Practice (such as standards bodies seeking to provide common standards for security, privacy and interoperability).
The Cloud Industry Forum is a member of the Cloud Select Industry Group organized by and providing advice to the European Commission (DG Connect), and is participating in its working groups on cloud certifications, cloud codes of conduct, and cloud service level agreements. It is also a member of the EC (DG Connect’s) Cloud Computing Expert Group.
The Cloud Industry Forum is represented in the BSI’s mirror committee to ISO/IEC JTC1 SC38 which is responsible for cloud computing, and through that in SC38 itself.
The Cloud Industry Forum was set up by and operates in conjunction with the Federation against Software Theft Ltd, a leading authority on software intellectual property protection and representative body for the software industry.