Paul has had a 40-year career in industry that started in logistics with a variety of operational management roles. For the last 33 years he has worked in the IT industry, mostly in sales and marketing, covering everything from mainframes to personal computers, development tools to specific industry applications, IT services and outsourcing. In the last few years he has been a keen commentator and analyst of the data centre and cloud world. He is also a non-executive director in an NHS Clinical Commissioning Group.
Paul has a deep knowledge and understanding about the IT services market and is particularly interested in the impact of Cloud, Software Defined infrastructure, OpenStack, the Open Compute Project and new data centre models on both business users and IT vendors. His mix of business and IT experience, allied to a passionate belief in customer focus and “grown-up” marketing, has given him a particular capability in understanding and articulating the business benefits of technology. This enables him to advise businesses on the impact and benefits of particular technologies and services, and to help IT vendors position and promote their offerings more effectively.
Paul Bevan's content on Bloor Research
- Park Place Technologies – A real “out of left-field approach” to AIOps (14th February, 2020)
- A Simple and Elegant Solution - Connecting to the Cloud from the Edge securely (10th February, 2020)
- Cloud first is not necessarily best - You don’t have to go all-in (7th February, 2020)
- Businesses need help to understand the requirements of an IoT project (18th December, 2019)
- Now you can have lower costs and higher availability in Edge deployments (11th December, 2019)
- Towards effective digital experience management - Devo masters the Data In(de)gestion challenge (9th December, 2019)
- Thousand Eyes lifts lid on the black-box of cloud and internet connectivity (15th November, 2019)
- I just walked into a lamp post…why didn’t you warn me?! - Predict, don’t react to avoid IT infrastructure issues (29th October, 2019)
- Monitoring and managing the performance of complex hybrid IT infrastructure environments (28th October, 2019)
- Canonical. Cloud developers’ darling aiming at the Enterprise (24th September, 2019)