Paul has had a 40-year career in industry that started in logistics with a variety of operational management roles. For the last 33 years he has worked in the IT industry, mostly in sales and marketing, covering everything from mainframes to personal computers, development tools to specific industry applications, IT services and outsourcing. In the last few years he has been a keen commentator and analyst of the data centre and cloud world. He is also a non-executive director in an NHS Clinical Commissioning Group.
Paul has a deep knowledge and understanding about the IT services market and is particularly interested in the impact of Cloud, Software Defined infrastructure, OpenStack, the Open Compute Project and new data centre models on both business users and IT vendors. His mix of business and IT experience, allied to a passionate belief in customer focus and “grown-up” marketing, has given him a particular capability in understanding and articulating the business benefits of technology. This enables him to advise businesses on the impact and benefits of particular technologies and services, and to help IT vendors position and promote their offerings more effectively.
Paul Bevan's latest content on Bloor Research
- The new reality for government
- Worlds Apart The nascent threat to the existing data centre market from the Open Compute Project
- IoT, Machine Learning and OCP: the next level of data centre energy efficiency
- Instrumenting the Virtualised Datacentre … for Performance SLA’s On the path to a single view of infrastructure performance across the enterprise
- Are you ready to be a Mutable Business in 2018?
- Equinix enables mutable global digital supply chains
- OVH – Flying the flag for a European Cloud
- Opportunities for data centre operators in 2017
- Primetime for Cloud and DevOps
- Talent Management: a key tuning exercise in enhancing your data centre sales capabilities