Paul has had a 40-year career in industry that started in logistics with a variety of operational management roles. For the last 33 years he has worked in the IT industry, mostly in sales and marketing, covering everything from mainframes to personal computers, development tools to specific industry applications, IT services and outsourcing. In the last few years he has been a keen commentator and analyst of the data centre and cloud world. He is also a non-executive director in an NHS Clinical Commissioning Group.
Paul has a deep knowledge and understanding about the IT services market and is particularly interested in the impact of Cloud, Software Defined infrastructure, OpenStack, the Open Compute Project and new data centre models on both business users and IT vendors. His mix of business and IT experience, allied to a passionate belief in customer focus and “grown-up” marketing, has given him a particular capability in understanding and articulating the business benefits of technology. This enables him to advise businesses on the impact and benefits of particular technologies and services, and to help IT vendors position and promote their offerings more effectively.
Paul Bevan's content on Bloor Research
- Thousand Eyes lifts lid on the black-box of cloud and internet connectivity (15th November, 2019)
- I just walked into a lamp post…why didn’t you warn me?! - Predict, don’t react to avoid IT infrastructure issues (29th October, 2019)
- Monitoring and managing the performance of complex hybrid IT infrastructure environments (28th October, 2019)
- Canonical. Cloud developers’ darling aiming at the Enterprise (24th September, 2019)
- Taking AI and HPC out of the Laboratory - Panasas show the power of automation and hardware abstraction to bring HPC and AI processing within the reach and capability of the Enterprise. (30th August, 2019)
- Another AIOps vendor gets snapped up - Following on from Virtual Instruments deal to buy Metricly, Resolve have now acquired Fixstream. (23rd August, 2019)
- Virtual Instruments buys Metricly to expand cloud performance monitoring capability (19th August, 2019)
- Dynatrace float demonstrates AIOps is hot at the moment (12th August, 2019)
- Scale Computing: designed for SMEs, but perfect for the Edge computing market (31st July, 2019)
- Logicalis take pragmatic, business oriented approach to IoT (11th July, 2019)