Paul has had a 40-year career in industry that started in logistics with a variety of operational management roles. For the last 33 years he has worked in the IT industry, mostly in sales and marketing, covering everything from mainframes to personal computers, development tools to specific industry applications, IT services and outsourcing. In the last few years he has been a keen commentator and analyst of the data centre and cloud world. He is also a non-executive director in an NHS Clinical Commissioning Group.
Paul has a deep knowledge and understanding about the IT services market and is particularly interested in the impact of Cloud, Software Defined infrastructure, OpenStack, the Open Compute Project and new data centre models on both business users and IT vendors. His mix of business and IT experience, allied to a passionate belief in customer focus and “grown-up” marketing, has given him a particular capability in understanding and articulating the business benefits of technology. This enables him to advise businesses on the impact and benefits of particular technologies and services, and to help IT vendors position and promote their offerings more effectively.
Paul Bevan's content on Bloor Research
- Cisco moves to cover a Network Gap (4th June, 2020)
- Edge Network Interconnection Platforms (29th April, 2020)
- Not all IT monitoring and management solutions are born equal (27th April, 2020)
- Services are a must in today’s complex hybrid IT world (3rd April, 2020)
- How agile and resilient are your systems? - A simple tip to get a quick view. (19th March, 2020)
- VirtualWisdom 6.0: Hybrid Infrastructure Management (1st March, 2020)
- Hybrid Infrastructure Management (1st March, 2020)
- Monitoring and managing the performance of complex hybrid IT infrastructure environments (1st March, 2020)
- Park Place Technologies – A real “out of left-field approach” to AIOps (14th February, 2020)
- A Simple and Elegant Solution - Connecting to the Cloud from the Edge securely (10th February, 2020)