Ronnie Beggs specialises in the field of real-time IT solutions and how industry is combining internet, cloud computing, big data and stream processing technology to deliver innovative applications. With a background in embedded systems as well as enterprise IT technology, Ronnie has a particular interest in how data management platforms are replacing both hardware and legacy real-time systems in industries such as telecommunications and the Internet of Things.
Ronnie is relatively new to the analyst community, bringing more than twenty years experience of product management, marketing and business development in the real-time software business. Ronnie’s career spans a range of industries, from safety critical software in the aerospace industry, operational performance and data management in telecommunications, and real-time monitoring and control applications for the Internet of Things. Ronnie has worked for a number of successful start-ups, from early stage through to acquisition, including Metrica and Cramer Systems (acquired by Amdocs), and most recently was head of marketing for SQLstream, a data stream processing vendor.
Outside of work, Ronnie enjoys cycling, rugby (definitely watching rather than playing these days), going to the theatre as often as possible, throwing pots on the wheel, and being endlessly amused at how the media and politicians misunderstand and misrepresent technology, data and statistics.
Contact Ronnie Beggs
Ronnie Beggs' latest content on Bloor Research
- Your Journey to the Cloud; Assured - Good governance for digital transformation is the first stage for many mutable businesses
- Streaming Analytics 2016
- Enterprise disruption and streaming analytics: from data to digital transformation.
- Free Apama Community Edition from Software AG
- ExtraHop Networks. IT Operations and wire data analytics
- Streaming analytics 2016
- Aeris puts the Internet in the Internet of Things
- Real-time predictive analytics with Zementis